Welcome to the 2018/19 Season! Here is some important information along with upcoming events:
- Open Gym – August 29th – 6 – 9pm at Vista Middle School
- 6-7 PM – Open Shoot
- 7-8 PM – 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade
- 8-9 PM – 7th & 8th Grade
- Angela will run the open gym from 7-9pm.
- Tryouts – September 10th and 13th
2018-19 Ferndale Girls Competitive Basketball Information
2018-19 Board members
- John Cruikshank
- Sharon Neal
- Debbie Lang
- Patrice Valentine
- Leanna Doll
- Terry Birdsell
Tryouts are held over two nights. This year, tryouts will be held Sept 10 & 13 @ Vista MS. It is highly encouraged for players to attend both nights. A set of evaluators will handle each grade and provide a ranking of each grade to the board of directors. Rosters will be posted Sunday Sept 16 after 5pm. All players will be listed be their tryout number and note their name.
- Puget Sound Travel League. Approx. Dec 1 to March 1
- 6 Tournaments to include our own Chelsey Ebert Ferndale JAM
- Skyline, Eastlake, Issaquah and state for travel. Cold Turkey, Redmond and others to be considered by team. We play in the these as those programs have supported our tournament for many years.
- 4th – open
- 5th – Angela Jensen
- 6th – open
- 7th- Stephanie Butenschoen
- 8th- Carl Neal
- $350 and includes all warmups and uniforms. This is a $50 increase from past year.
- $50 at time of registration. Poinsettia sales will give $4 credit from each plant toward the balance owed. Any remaining amount owed will be due approx. Nov 1.
- Extra items available for purchase for parents etc.
- Poinsettia fundraiser
- Two practices per week @ Vista. Possibly some at Horizon
- Team size generally 10
- If enough kids (and coaches) we can put a second team together. They will be an A and B team, not mixed. Depended on interest, coaches and gym space.
- All players who make a team must have an AAU Extended Benefit card done prior to registration and practices
- All coaches must obtain AAU cards which includes background checks. Must be done the week of tryouts.
- Poinsettias Oct/Nov. Players will be given the opportunity to fundraise to cover the balance of the player fee by selling poinsettias. $4 from every plant sold will be applied to the player. Any residual amount owed after sales will the responsibility of each family.
Chelsey Ebert Ferndale Jam Tournament
- Expected volunteer help
- 8 hours from each at a minimum.
- This event raises funds that helps us keep our cost lower than all other competitive programs. It is a large event that takes a great deal of volunteer time and coordination.
- Nov 3/4– Skyline tournament – all teams 4-8.
- Nov 17/18 – Eastlake Tournament.
- Nov 25-27. Optional Cold Turkey. Newport HS and surrounding gyms
- Dec 1– League games start
- Jan 18-20– Chelsey Ebert Ferndale JAM
- Feb 16/17 – Presidents Day Tournament in Issaquah.
- March 2 – regular season ends
- March 2/3 – league tourney
- March 15-17 – State tournament in Spokane (date not confirmed). Teams must qualify to attend
- April 29/31 – optional Tulip Tournament