Welcome to the 2019/20 Season! Here is some important information along with upcoming events:
- Open Gym – Open gym on September 10th and 12th from 6-7:40PM. FGBA board member will be in available to answer any FGBA questions you may have!
- Tryouts – September 18th and 19th
- Tryouts will be on September 18th and 19th.
- 4th, 5th and 6th graders – 5:00 – 6:30pm. Registration opens at 4:30.
- 7th and 8th graders – 7:00 – 8:30pm. Registration opens at 6:30.
2019-20 Ferndale Girls Competitive Basketball Information
2019-20 Board members
- John Cruikshank
- Sharon Neal
- Patrice Valentine
- Leanna Doll
- Terry Birdsell
Tryouts are held over two nights. This year, tryouts will be held Sept 18 and 19th @ Vista MS. It is highly encouraged for players to attend both nights. A set of evaluators will handle each grade and provide a ranking of each grade to the board of directors. Rosters will be posted Sunday Sept 22 after 5pm. All players will be listed be their tryout number and note their name.
- League Options (per team)
- SWISH Approx end of October – December
- Puget Sound Travel League. Approx. Dec 1 to March 1
- 6 Tournaments to include our own Chelsey Ebert Ferndale JAM
- Skyline, Eastlake, Issaquah and state for travel. Cold Turkey, Redmond and others to be considered by team. We play in the these as those programs have supported our tournament for many years.
- $300 and includes all warmups and uniforms.
- $50 at time of registration. Poinsettia sales will give $4 credit from each plant toward the balance owed. Any remaining amount owed will be due approx. Nov 1.
- Extra items available for purchase for parents etc.
- Poinsettia fundraiser
- Two practices per week @ Vista. Possibly some at Horizon
- Team size generally 10
- If enough kids (and coaches) we can put a second team together. They will be an A and B team, not mixed. Depended on interest, coaches and gym space.
- All players who make a team must have an AAU Extended Benefit card done prior to registration and practices
- All coaches must obtain AAU cards which includes background checks. Must be done the week of tryouts.
- Poinsettias Oct/Nov. Players will be given the opportunity to fundraise to cover the balance of the player fee by selling poinsettias. $4 from every plant sold will be applied to the player. Any residual amount owed after sales will the responsibility of each family.
Chelsey Ebert Ferndale Jam Tournament
- Expected volunteer help
- 8 hours from each at a minimum.
- This event raises funds that helps us keep our cost lower than all other competitive programs. It is a large event that takes a great deal of volunteer time and coordination.